Professional Diligence Assured Scheme
Suitable for businesses that already have either a professional diligence or due diligence system in place. Benefits of being a member of the scheme are:
- Initial audit carried out, on-site where feasible
- Audit summary produced giving guidance for compliance with consumer protection legislation
- Annual health check or follow-up audit to make sure the system is working well
- Advice in improving customer satisfaction
- Guidance in ensuring obligations under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and other consumer protection legislation are met
- Providing information on how changes to legislation due to Brexit will affect your business
- Use of Professional Diligence logo on paperwork, web sites and social media
- Access to the in-house advice service
Cost for being a member of the scheme is £30 a month (interest free).
The contract runs for 12 months is payable monthly and renewable annually.
The Professional Diligence Assured Scheme will help businesses achieve compliance with:
- The Consumer Protection Regulations 2008 (in relation to misleading claims, misleading omissions and banned practices).
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 (regarding consumers' rights).
- The Provision of Services Regulations 2009 (whereby traders have a legal duty to respond quickly and effectively to consumer complaints).
- Other relevant legislation with a due diligence or professional diligence requirement.