Professional Diligence Plus Assured Scheme
For businesses which currently do not have a formal professional diligence or due diligence scheme. Benefits of being a member of the plus scheme are the same as those shown above as well as the following:
- Detailed guidance given in setting up controlling and maintaining a professional diligence scheme
- Health checks carried out throughout year one to ensure that the scheme is bedding in
- Audit carried out at the end of the first year to check the scheme is working effectively
- Providing information on how changes to legislation due to Brexit will affect your business
- Free mediation service for consumer complaints
Cost for being a member of the scheme is £40 a month (interest free) for the first year and £35 a month (interest free) for following years. The contract runs for 12 months is payable monthly and renewable annually.
The Professional Diligence Plus Assured scheme will help businesses achieve compliance with:
- The Consumer Protection Regulations 2008 (in relation to misleading claims, misleading omissions and banned practices).
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 (regarding consumer’s rights).
- The Provision of Services Regulations 2009 (whereby traders have a legal duty to respond quickly and effectively to consumer complaints).
- Other relevant legislation with a due diligence or professional diligence requirement.